Motor Vehicle Fleet FBT Reporting
A central system to record key information about department motor vehicles, including expenses by vehicle and business/private kilometres used.
Manage your organisation’s vehicle FBT liabilities by tracking private vehicle usage. Calculates FBT payable based on the most appropriate calculation method.
- Vehicle data is gathered on an “as-you-go” basis meaning management has current data on which to base management decisions about deployment of vehicles (e.g. Do particular vehicles need to be rotated to optimise vehicle use? Is usage excessive in some parts of the network?)
- Optional upload of expenses and odometer readings from vehicle management systems (e.g. SG Fleet)
- FBT outcomes can be monitored on a monthly basis and vehicles re-deployed to minimise FBT expense.
- Home-garaging is effectively controlled by delegate work-flow to appropriate officials. The system also means home-garaging and other elements of private use are transparent and can be appropriately monitored.
Private vehicle usage, unavailable days, expenses and employee contributions for each vehicle are reported monthly by Vehicle Control Officers. This information is then used to calculate the FBT payable based on the most appropriate method, either Operating Cost or Statutory Formula.
- Each month, vehicle usage entry forms sent to vehicle control officers, with complementary automated workflow (vehicle control officers receive an email notification based on your schedule, requesting that they update records for vehicles under their control).
- The vehicle control officers complete the monthly return and submit.
- Users responsible for FBT reporting can obtain FBT liabilities at the end of the year, or at any time, via a one-click FBT calculation report, utilising lowest-cost method selection for any given FBT year.
Includes home garaging applications with the following features;
- Home garaging application with adaptive approval workflow depending on length of application period.
- Information obtained includes vehicle, address being garaged, security type, distance from office, reason for garaging and period of arrangement.
- Integrates with Vehicle Management module to link home garaging with vehicle usage update process.